Young Professionals Ambassador Application
IMPORTANT: Please create an applicant account to begin application by clicking 'Sign Up'.
Named “one of the best business clubs for ambitious millennials” in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, the Council Young Professionals (YP) Network provides opportunities for the next generation to engage world leaders, expand their networks, connect with emerging business and civic leaders, and gain insights needed to compete in a fast-changing global economy.
YP Ambassadors are a select group of leaders within the nearly 2,000 members of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs Young Professionals Network, and are vital to the success of the Next Generation program at the Council. YP Ambassadors are chosen to both represent the Council to their peers and to help serve as the voice of the next generation at the Council. The Council is calling for committed YPs who are eager to serve as leaders within this dynamic and growing network, enhance their Council engagement, deepen their global affairs acumen, and elevate awareness of the programming and opportunities provided by the Council Young Professionals Network.
The Council YP Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Promote the Council Young Professionals Network through personal and professional networks and social media
- Actively attend and participate in a minimum of 10 Council events and programs
- Regularly explore Council projects and studies through engagement on Council blogs and monthly email
- Regularly attend YP Ambassador meetings (monthly) and actively participate with feedback and suggestions
- Regularly engage with Council YP social media platforms by:
- Live-Tweeting at events/Retweeting posts of @CouncilYP and @ChicagoCouncil
- Posting/Sharing YP event photos to Facebook group and engaging in Facebook discussions
- Participate in one of the following committees: communications; fundraising; membership
- Identify prospective members and donors among networks and colleagues
- Serve as YP Event Host at a minimum of 2 Council Events
- Participate in Council annual giving campaign
- Meet with prospective YPs and discuss benefits of membership at the Council
- Promote Council YP events by:
- Forwarding email invitations to personal networks
- Sharing relevant events with your professional affinity groups
Benefits of being a YP Ambassador include:
- Opportunity to bring ten (10) prospective members for free during the year to Council events
- Opportunity to serve as a brand ambassador for the Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Access to Council leadership at YP Ambassador meetings and other special opportunities
- Recognition as a YP Ambassador on YP Network page of the Council website and special nametag at YP events
- Invitations to select leadership events, dinners, roundtables, and other special opportunities
- Invitation to the Global Leadership Awards Dinner at a discounted rate
How to apply:
Please complete the following application. All interested applicants should be current members of the Council and the YP Network. Candidates must be available to attend an all-day retreat Saturday, February 10, 2018. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 24, 2018.